Advanced Ocean Diver is the perfect course for qualified BSAC Ocean Divers who would like to progress their maximum diving depth to 30m. You will develop your existing Ocean Diver knowledge to support deeper diving.
Before we start
You must be a qualified BSAC Ocean Diver and must also be aged 14 or over.
You only need a swimsuit and towel.
What you learn
You will learn to conduct no-decompression dives to 30m.
Using eLearning you will complete four theory sessions followed by two open water sessions and two depth progression dives during which you will:
- Expand on your knowledge and experience using Nitrox mixes up to 36%
- Complete two of the Sports Diver course theory modules
- Learn how to use a compass for underwater navigation
- Undertake your open water dives to progress your depth to 25m, then 30m
- Become proficient in the use of a surface marker buoy (SMB) and delayed surface marker buoy (DSMB)
- Continue to develop underwater buoyancy control
You can start every day except on Sunday